Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

faded bags

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by katana, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Can any body tell me if there is a way to restore the black colour back into gearsack bags as mine are badly faded :? ?

2. Bags do fade badly after a while in the sun... not just Gear Sack but also Ventura and RJays and others too probably.

I'm not sure there is any good way to restore color.

Having said that you can make them last longer by removing them from the bike and bringing them inside when possible and avoiding parking in direct sun as much as possible. Garaging the bike inside a garage helps too.
  3. That's weird. My sack goes darker if I leave it out in the sun. :-w

4. .. meanwhile, back to the question in hand {cough cough}

I have had limited success with my mini-Ventura 'top-box' with boot polish, but I suspect in a long exposure to water, it will wash out....
  5. Thank you Loz, i am amazed the post got this far without that response.
  6. Try some Meguirs convertible roof conditioner - did wonders for my mates Hilux ute tonneau
  7. Why would you want to unfade it? Gives it character :)
  8. I never really worried about the fading but I have bought some second hand gearsack bags and I wanted to match them. :)

Might get a new bike one day and use them on it.
    If I ever stop having to pay child support that is. :wink:
  9. fading

Mine look a lot darker since I bought a tinted visor...........
  10. I don't think you'll do much trying to restore teh colour, the actual pignments in the fibres fade. Most bags are nylon, which is really not terribly good as far as UV exposure goes....
    I would try some sort of dye or other colourant, but I personally wouldn't try.

Regards, Andrew.