Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Facebook Technical flaw leaks user information.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by cjvfr, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Facebook has inadvertently exposed six million users' phone numbers and e-mail addresses to unauthorized viewers over the last year, the company said late Friday. Facebook blamed the data leaks, which began in 2012, on a technical flaw in its huge archive of contact information collected from its 1.1 billion users worldwide.

As a result of the problem, Facebook users who downloaded contact data for their list of friends obtained additional information that they were not supposed to have. Facebook's security team was alerted to the problem last week and fixed it within 24 hours. But Facebook did not publicly acknowledge the flaw until Friday afternoon, when it published a message on its blog explaining the situation.

2. Yep. I harvested a whole bunch of info from Facebook a few weeks backs. My phone downloaded heaps of info I didn't previously have.
  3. Might explain all the spam SMSes I'm getting all of a sudden.....
  4. Have never put my phone number on Facebook or used it to have my account 'authorised'
  5. #5 adjustedpete, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
    Big deal, I bet that 6 mill people do it every day, without fagbook letting the cat out of the bag.

Mick...I went 1 better, never had fagbook.
  6. or friends
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Hahhaha nothing better than getting stuck into yourself on a forum
  8. Set up account, use your netrider avatar as your facebook profile pic and that wont change...
  9. Rainy days bro..
    Oii, wots up wi me avatar. Fair likeness if ya ask me ;)