Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

F800r with a Nuda engine

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by ngalbrai, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Having read reviews of the Husqvarna Nuda and various comments about how great the engine is would be interested if there are any plans to put that powerplant back into the BMW f800r from whence it came (making a bmw f900rr or something..?). In its original form the f800r engine is slated as being dull. Just saying....

I loved the ride, stability and comfort of the f800 but got a striple as the engine was sooooo much more engaging. If the f800r was more fun and sounded more raucous my decison could have gone another way altogether.

2. No answers for your original question. But you have got me wondering that if they can give the engine to Husqvarna then maybe there's a chance they might give the engine to Kymco (since there's already a partnership between the two).

A cheap 800cc twin out of Taiwan could have potential. I mean the F800R would have been a great bike - if it'd been $6-7k cheaper.