Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

F800GS Shock upgrade

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Allan R Taylor, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Gday First timer here.
    Just about to Upgrade to heavier springs in the front and rear of my 2015 F 800GS.
    Anyone have any knowledge/experience with the value of doing this? I have put just over 12,000klms on the bike in the last 10 months and have had a ball on the 800. What a capable bike! I also ride an XR 400 R and can almost do with the Beeemer what I can do with the XR... Almost!
    Have noticed that the 800 has to be riden with it's feet on the ground but my mechanic said that it would benefit from a spring upgrade (as well as a rear shock mount modification). Just wondering if anyone has done the same to their 800 and what you found?
    Allan

2. Hi Allan R TaylorAllan R Taylor and welcome to NR. Can't help you with advice on the springs though. I've had enough trouble with suspension in the past. Good luck with it though and keep us posted.

3. welcome aboard :) not much help either but good luck.