Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[F1] Schumacher returns in 2010

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by CamKawa, Nov 21, 2009.

1.  Top
  2. Who gives a damn??? He's still a cheat. What will change?

3. I have seen a piece of front wing that came off his car that had a small hydraulic tube sandwiched in between the layers of carbon fibre.

The only reason I can think that a hydraulic tube would be in there is to allow the driver to make adjustments on the front wing :?

Cheating?

4. You would have to think so, but I don't believe he will be back.

5. It would be a disaster for him if he came back and ended up fighting for 12th position. I reckon he should stay on the couch and not risk it.

6. Given that the story centres on this piece below it's more speculation and dreaming I'd suggest:

"Record-breaking multiple F1 World Champion Michael Schumacher will sensationally return to the grid with Mercedes Grand Prix in 2010 – that is the expert view of BBC pundit Eddie Jordan"

7. I tend to listen when EJ speaks. He's on the money on a lot of things when it comes to "F1 rumours"

However, I'm not too sure about this one. I'm fence sitting.

8. Who knows? Thing is MS is 40, retired after a year of not winning the title and there are some fast and up and coming drivers out there that may offer MB a better long term future.

Besides, why would he want to?

And comebacks are very rarely that, anyway.

9. If its true and he does come back I think I might make a bet on whatever team he joins.

There is no way he will come back unless he is in an almost certain championship winning package.

10. I wouldn't hold your breath on that coming true, but I guess we'll see.

11. They seemed to be talking about it as fact in the Race of Champions last night?

12. Ross Brawn has shot down intensifying speculation that Michael Schumacher is set to return to Formula One in 2010.

Brawn, who was Ferrari's technical director throughout Schumacher's ultra-successful career with the Italian team, is now the team principal of Mercedes Grand Prix.

Rumours linking Schumacher with the recently renamed team continued to grow over the weekend, when his manager Willi Weber confirmed a meeting in Abu Dhabi three weeks ago between the 40-year-old, Brawn and Daimler chairman Dieter Zetsche.

However, when asked about the speculation by Bild, Brawn replied: "There's nothing to it except a dream of the media.

"Michael would have come back temporarily for Ferrari, but he doesn't want to start a new career," said the Briton.

Schumacher's manager Weber said the German often speaks with Brawn, but added that the seven time world champion "has not said anything to me personally about contact with Mercedes over a driver's contract".

Meanwhile, confirmation of Nico Rosberg's move to Mercedes is edging nearer, with both sides now alluding to a deal. It is an open secret that the 24-year-old German has inked a contract to race with the Brackley-based team.

“I cannot tell you yet, my desire is to have two experienced drivers,” Brawn told Bild. "After four years in Formula One, I would count Nico Rosberg as an experienced driver."

13. Michael couldn't come back for the same reason Nigel Mansell couldn't come back; he couldn't fit himself AND HIS WALLET into the car :LOL:.

14.  Top
  15.  Top
  16. yeah but i would think it will take him the best part of half a season to get back into it, both race fit and to get the most out of the car, and probably have a real crack in the second year, so i thats why i thought it would of been a 2 year deal.....

17. Yep....never mind the car. Talented individual that he is, could he find a helmet big enough for his fat head?:-s

18. Wait and see...

Michael Jordan comeback with Washington Wizards - flop
    Wayne Carey comeback with Adelaide Crows - flop

Brett Favre comeback with Minnesota Vikings - well...

Schumacker is coming back with a better team than all of the above...

19. your all just fugling jealous!
    He is a champ, let him do what he loves and does best=D>

Big things are happening for the Germans next year. the world cup and now formula 1:D

20. Jim Richards coming back to the mountain?