Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

F1 new vs old sound

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by waedwe, Mar 19, 2014.

Better sound

Poll closed Mar 22, 2014.
  1. 2013

18 vote(s)
  2. 2014

2 vote(s)
  1. I reckon the new sound blows, what do you think?

2. This years cars sux , sound is horrible
  3. Last years cars sounded like screaming banshees, this years cars (after years of sounding terrible) finally sound like real motors again!
  4. new sound is better.
  5. I don't like the new sound, but with about 5,000 RPM less and all the other tweaks, it's to be expected. And let's not even START to talk about how they LOOK!!!
    Now, if you want noise, you should have been at Surfers for the Indy Car Races!!!!
  6. funny but i heard the melbourne grand prix corporation is trying to sue over the new sound
  7. I work opposite Albert Park Lake and couldn't even hear them inside :(
  8. New sound is a disappointment :-(
  9. I live overlooking the track, and even with balcony door open, I cannot hear them over the HD's going down Queens Rd. :-( The V8's and particularly the Volvo's on the other hand... :woot:
  10. Wow. That's bloody horrible, pretty sure that will cost them viewers - expect a rule change
  11. Any idiot knows that a turbocharger quitens down the exhaust noise. Idiots
  12. Some of the comments on that vid suggested that the track announcer was much quieter in the 2014 clip, suggesting the volume had been intentionally lowered for effect.
  13. The 2014 cars sound neutered.
  14. ^^ knows what neutering sounds like....... :bolt: