Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

F*** Me

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Jay77, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Now picture that scenario being on a bike, not a good thought is it
  2. F*** Me. Never will I travel behind vehicles i can't see around, and there's the reason why.
  3. I was waiting for a bike to split the van and truck. Where on earth did that come from.
  4. Appropriate title
  5. Jaysuzzz!
  6. Block of wood on the side of the road flicked up as the trailer ran over it,
    Not healthy on a bike,
  7. +1! One of the best pieces of advice to me when I was first riding: "Just hang back." I frequently repeat it to myself.

I always wonder about those random videos: what the hell was the person intending to record at the time?
  8. Yeah same here matt :p was thinking that to start with... but even so i damn near shit myself. Wasnt expecting that!
  9. I was wondering the exact same thing. I'm half looking forward to the day when more people are randomly recording their travels on their journeys from A to B. The evidence collected speaks for itself.

I'll quickly change my mind though when somebody captures me on film, some evidence should be automatically destroyed.
  10. The lady pulled out her camera to film the 2 trucks in front playing "cat and mouse" with each other. The timber fell off one truck and was flicked up by the other.
  11. filming whilst driving, huh?!

kinda ironic.

maybe she will pay attention more to the 3sec rule and not so much on filming the bad behavior(according to her) of others.
  12. Is it legit? Why would someone be filming a truck that doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong, if it was captured by a mounted camera then maybe but a hand held? Could it be some CGI student?
  13. it is DEFINITELY real and NOT CGI.

he could have been filming for the past 5 or 10 minutes for a doco, you never know.
  14. The youtube version had comments where the driver said they were recording the trucks to show their erratic/dangerous driving before she pulled the camera out. I assume she was hoping to catch them doing it again but instead caught the 2x4 coming right at them.

But that's what I was reading...not sure if it's true or not.
  15. wow... scared the sh1t out of me...
    As she (I think someone said it was a "she") was driving, I was expecting the truck to merge into her as she was driving in it's blind spot, then when she focused forward, I was thinking, "you're way too close to that trailer in front of you". They were cresting a hill, she had NO IDEA what was on the other side, she was concentrating on the camera, not necessarily driving, and was WAY too close for those conditions. Having said that, I did NOT expect that piece of wood to come flying at her. I wonder if being further back would've made much difference to the outcome??
  16. I had a similar thing happen to me with a brick. Not that I had a camera back in those days but it came off a ute driven by a nut I could just see on the other side of Springvale road. It bounced out when he sideswiped the curb and bounced across the median, through a tree and into the top left of my windscreen. Scared the bejeebers out of me. Had to get a new windscreen, surround and a dent in the hood and window frame fixed.