Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Exxon Valdez redux

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by nil_orally, Nov 10, 2004.

1. A funny thing happened on the way back from the wreckers with my new GN250 motor. It kinda rolled onto its side. And the oil kinda spilt onto the floor. Lucky for me its a station wagon and even luckier the carpet soaked up most of it . By a stroke of unbelievably good fortune, it's a company car.

Problem now is things slip around in the back. And it smells.

If anyone has any tips on how they got the engine oil out of their loungeroom carpet before the Minister for War got home, I would be grateful.

The annoying part is the car is not due to be washed or cleaned until January.

2. WOW :shock: you're dead meat :?

i dunno, go get some degreaser from supercheap and a heap of paper towel or some cheap rags. i'm sure you'll figure out the rest :wink:

3. In small quantities, I use a produce from the ChemDry carpet cleaners - a spraycan which you hit the stain with, leave a few moments, and then blot/run out.

If its a whole carpet, I'd just buy another one. Failing that, call ChemDry in and see what they can do.

4. One of those days. Now up/downgraded to Lurker. The Magistrate is not gonna be happy at the hearing.....

5. Go to bunnings and get dome stuff called Super Green.

Will get rid of it for sure.