Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Extra tail light on Virago 250

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by gsexv250, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Hey,

As a learner trying to play it safe on the road, and inspired by this page (http://virago250street.com/2011/08/15/hello-world/), I decided to buy an extra tail light for my virago 250 2006 model hoping it would be easy to fit, but unfortunately it looks like some drilling is required after removing the reflector.

I'm not much of a handyman and I'd hate to damage my bike in the process. The metal holder that the reflector is attached to looks fixed to the bike, so I can't remove it to drill a hole or two into it. Anyway, you guys have any idea how much it might cost to get the tail light fitted? Or is anyone keen to make a few bucks to do it for me? :)

Thanks.

2. Welcome to the forum, you will probably need to give people some idea of where you are if they are going to offer to help. Also when you get a chance can you start an introductory thread for yourself in the Welcome lounge. It is the general custom around here.

3. Yep, no worries. I'll go do the welcome thread now. I am in Sydney (North). Cheers :]

4. Can you take some pictures to show what you are trying to do / add ?

5. Hey Steve,

The light I'm trying to fit is this one:

red-double-stop-tail-led-light-w-18-leds.
    I'll upload a couple of photos soon of the metal bit where the reflector currently sits and also the back of the light.

Cheers
    Gonz

• Like Like x 1