Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Extra small helmets?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by BoonieC, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Hello,

Just wondering if anyone could help me with a question. Where in Melbourne can you buy extra small helmets, i.e. helmets for children?

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
  2. Not sure about child sizes. What I did find though was that Shoei have xxs sizes available. Of note is that Shoei use different shell sizes and don't just pad out with foam.
  3. Try Peter Stevens in the city. Last time I was in there they had a few cheap helmets that were marked as child sizes - if the better brands make the same I'm sure they'd be able to order something in. Doubt many stores would keep them in stock simply due to the limited market - though I have seen a few rural bike stores stocking dirtbike helmets for kids (especially this time of year).
  4. theres a store in bell st Heidelberg, next to red wing Honda that sells kids helmets if i'm not mistaken, they might be off road helmets only though.
  5. If you find some for road please let me know, I'm always on the lookout for a decent size helmet. It doesn't help if you're a pinhead :cry:
  6. rofl don't worry they say all the brains for a bloke is in his pants, i'm gona be hunting for a small helmet tomorrow for my girl, i'll drop pass the shop & c wat they stock, i'll also drop off at the store in spring vale a few boys are having a bbq there, i'll c if they sell any kids sizes for you.
  7. I'm a gal not a bloke ;) Although I may be a pinhead at least I do use my brains (except when I'm at work :p).
  8. HJC make a youth helmet - were just plain colours but now some graphics available (had mine a while & its now very noisy)

Only 2 styles of Shoei helmet in XXS are bought into Aussi - TZR Vogue -plus XR1000 flutter

I'm in the same boat Mina - been hunting for a new helmet that's not too girly looking for quite a while :?
  9. Meant to add that BikeMart in Ringwood have always been extremely helpful (& patient) with getting in different helmets for me to try :)
  10. Thanks everyone for the help. She did try on the HJC youth helmet but from memory the two stores in the city only had the Small/Medium size and was told they didn't sell a small or XS or XXS.

We will have to head over to some of the stores mentioned above, hopefully we can find something suitable. Though not ideal, I was also wondering if open face helmets would be better suited, i.e. a XS open face helmet might fit?
  11. Can't help you on the open face, as never been keen on getting bug splatter on the makeup :wink: