Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Expo - New Bike Time

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Dazza, Sep 16, 2005.

1. So who out there is using the Expo to sus out there new ride for this season and not just window shoppping and kicking the tyres. And if so what stand(s) will you be visiting.

Cheers 8)

2. well im building a house so there goes the idea for a new bike however im just takin a few mates to show them wat there missing out while they drive there cars in summer,so pritty much i am takin the guys to brain wash them.
  3. I used last years expo to decide what bike i bought (and bought it 2 weeks later) :D

Already know what my next bike will be, so this year I'm just browsing - and kicking tyres.

Will definately be at the Honda stand tho - gotts sit on another Storm and take my tally to 12 :LOL:

Suppose I should drop by stand 18 and say hello..... if i must....... :?
  4. Interesting that no one is thinking of buying a new bike

Cheers 8)
  5. i can just see you on a new bike dazza , i recon a FAT BOY :p
    that Rock Ape Knuckle Shuffling piece of junk.

Cheers 8)
  7. Want to sit on some of the KTMs.

Sure I'm restricted now but buy the time I'm not they'll probably start to be coming up second hand.

Want to get a look at the Street Rod too if one's there because my uncles talking about getting one (that or a Rocket III)
  8. sit on one and get someone to hit the fire alarms and just ride it out
  9. I will be :D

What stands? ...all of em I guess coz I had a plan but that plan isn't any more :cry: so, guess what! Now I need a new plan :?
  10. I'm currently in the market for a new bike and hope to find it before the end of the hollidays. That doesn't mean I won't kick the tires as well though. What if they're loose!? :LOL:
  11. I think the people running the stands mightn't be too pleased if you kicked the tyres..
  12. I'll be shopping for a new ride :) I cant wait
  13. You never know what will jump out at you and say buy me. We are using it to investigate bikes for Mrs Scumbag once she loses the restrictions.
  14. It's good to check out all the bikes - never know what you might find. I went along looking for a post-restriction 600-650 sports, left wanting a new Triumph Thruxton.
  15. Well, within the next 12 months I could see myself lashing out on something. At the moment I seem to have the hots for the new KTM 950 Supermoto. And just for a slight contradiction in style those Yamaha 1700cc roadstar warriors beckon. But I don't like the all black one. Time will tell no doubt :D
  16. SOOOOOO Was the famous 3 cylinder Triumph there?????
  17. I went and annoyed the guy at the Triumph stand...
    They hand NOTHING on the 675! When questioned why they didn't bother having anything, the guy explained that we're not really important enough - and seeming as the Paris Bike Show is on soon, and that's where Triumph are actually unveiling it; we just get a pretty picture stuck on the wall.

They did have the Speed Triple, 955i, Daytona 650, and that other bike people seem to be fussing about... the Rocket III.
  18. damn can't afford to go to paris.......
  19. Actually the Daytona they had on display was a 600, mate of mine asked why they didn't even have the 650 on display and they replied that it was because they are still trying to clear out their stocks of the older 600s (at a reduced price).
  20. Why ARE people raving about the Rocket 3?
    Surely it's a "if you build it, we'll find a market for it" bike?

Is it selling well in the USA? I can't imagine many markets that would be interested, apart from there.