Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Exhaust Systems

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Z1000, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Hi all,

Its been a while but I was wondering if anyone has added aftermarket exhaust systems to their bike and what type would you recommend.

I am currently looking at Micron, Yoshimura.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, experiences. :D
  2. I love Yoshi, they look good and seem well made...oh and they sound nice as well.

If you're looking for something different then check out some of the new Jap systems that are now available over here (sorry don't know any names of the top of my head), apparently they are very good.

If it's for your Z1, maybe you should just unrestrict your current pipes instead?
  3. Give http://www.madaz.com.au a try and see what they can recomend. They are based in Melb, but could help you out.
  4. I personally try and suppport the local guys if poss
    Megacycle (Vic) Staintune(NSW), F1 and Laser (In Qld)
    Madaz (Vic) and there are others I am sure
    have a F1 headers and collector with Megacycle slipon on the 750
  5. Yosh pipes rock on my bike. But different pipes sound cool on different bikes. Find the note you like coz thats the one you will have to listen to everyday.
  6. Heya,

I have a custom exhaust from Motorcycle Exhaust Professionals on my little zzr250. But that's in QLD, so prob doesn't help ya any :shock:

Lisa :twisted: :p
  7. Looked at the Yoshi pipes but they are only slip on's and I was looking for a full system as the pipes are yellow/gold on the Z and the Yoshi are stainless so it would look a little out of place. Yoshi don't seem to do a full system that I can find...

So at this stage its looking like Micron...
  8. if you are looking for a full system and can afford it get AKROPOVIC.

NOTHING even comes close not even micron with snake headers.

mind you, they aint cheap.

but if you want the best, then go with the system that the majority of all motorcycle racers use (just look at the cans at the next superbike / motogp race and you will see what i mean.)