Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Exhaust System for Yamaha XVS650 (and maybe HID lights)

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by ralph, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Hi everyone,

Just wanted to get peoples thoughts on good exhausts systems for the XVS650 classic. I just got my baby this week and already want to get some grumble out of the pipes, without being over the top... just a nice deep sound.

Can I ask the collective wisdom of NR to point me in the right direction. The dealer recommended pipes and said they'd cost about $700 installed. I am not to keen on ordering from overseas as i know jacksh!t about installing the pipes.... thanks for your help.

Also thinking about upgrading my light to a more HID that i was acustom too with my forester. Are these easy to get for bikes? what do people think...

As always, many thanks to the wiseones sharing their knowledge with us peasents :)

2. You can drill the pipes for a deeper sound, change the baffles, remove the baffles completely or put on new pipes. I changed the baffles on my original pipes gives a nice rumble and note. Depends on how load you want it to be.

No idea on the lighting though, do a search.