Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Exhaust Options.

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Macca..YNWA, Feb 18, 2014.

1. #1 Macca..YNWA, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    Ello Ello, I'm hoping thread title isnt a put off as i know there must be a million threads regarding exhausts.

My question is and the knowledge/advice im after is more how they work and what makes them compatible with diff bikes as opposed to what brand or where to buy.

I own a cbr250rr and have tried to polish and remove god knows how many years worth of scratches and scuffs and it just dosnt want to look good again. Options for off the shelf items r very limited, none of which tickle my fancy.

So is it possible with some modifacation and or fabrication to take an exhaust from another bike and fit it to mine without any dire consequences. Should probs have made it clear at the start im refering to the "slip on" or "can" part of the exhaust.

Would love to fit a brutale 3 outlet or similiar or some kind of twin outlet (stacked type) to the lil cibby but have no idea if its even possible, so any help or understanding would b greatly appreciated. Also sound is not a huge issue.

Cheers Macca.
  2. Hey, probs should have just edited post but oh well, 1 slip on in particular i like and hp/torque figures r kind of close, is the ixil dual outlet (stacked) for the cbr500. Im sure theres ways to make it fit but have no clue as to whether it would work properly or not.
  3. Probably would be beneficial speaking to an exhaust shop and seeing if it's possible as likely you'd have to take to them to do anyway i think?
  4. anything will fit anything if you throw enough cash at it.. If you just want to tidy up a bit, Wrap the muffler in your choice of material. Carefully and neatly done it looks fine, If you want weight and performance advantage, your choice is harder. Ring the aftermarket manufacturers like staintune etc. see what they say.
  5. Cheers lads, i can do the fab work myself, and its only a 250, its a bike i absolutely love and adore but its still justa lil 250 and doing an exhaust for any type of performance gain or weight saving is a pretty futile exercise, and as far as sound goes id like it to b a touch quieter but dnt mind it how it is.

This wrap u speak of, r we talking exhaust/header wrap or is there a high temp vinyl type wrap available?
  6. I wrapped one of mine in thin alloy sheet I borrowed from work. Bugger to do properly but looked better than the rustholes.