Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Exhaust leak

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Kraven, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Since i have had my new muffler on i have noticed a small exhaust leak where the muffler bolts to the headers,
    I've decided to do something about it this week so does anyone know how to seal this up?, I looked at autobarn and they have some exhaust putty stuff but i'm not sure if this is the best option.

Also the old gasket will not fit on this muffler .

2. one word... gaff.

will fix anything.
  3. I'd say make a custum gasket for it. :wink:

Bring it to coffee tonight so we can all look at it and argue about the best course of action. :blah: :grin:
  4. Just rock up to any exhaust place and they should have off cuts of exhaust gasket lying around that they could probably give you.
  5. I think the prouct is called ceramiseal or maniseal. In a white tube with red writing. A ceramic paste that is water based(easy clean up). Take teh joint apart, apply ceramiseal and put joint back together. Top stuff.

Regards, Andrew.
  6. Thanks everyone, I might take vic's advice and head down to the local exhaust shop and see it they can give me/sell me a small piece of gasket material and just cut that to size.