Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Exhaust for tuning

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Willzah, May 6, 2009.

1. story is: my bike was outta action cuz of fork seals being buggered. so my brother stole my can and put his stocky on mine. i got forks fixed after a few months...just too busy n short on cash. now i dont have the heart to take it off him cuz i kinda feel better that he has a loud can on his so cars can hear him better, hes not all there sometimes (like some people in this forum).

Im thinking of getting another can for mine, not too sure yet maybe a ebay one? what are they like? or something like a yoshi.
    Should i get the pipe and put it in a tune or should i tune it now and chuck on the pipe later? seeing as i dont have the cash for both, might need to save a bit and put off major service. will it make a difference?
  2. It will make a difference, whether its worth the money or not is a different question.

Get your brother to pay for it, he nicked your can :p
  3. he'll jsut swap back the cans...i rather not have him running a suicide pipe
  4. I bought a fake Yoshi off eBay. Was only $150. Best purchase. Such a good sound.

The bolt holes didn't line up exactly but there was only minor modifications needed to fix that. And it changed from black to some weird colour after it got hot after a few track days. Still looked cool.

IMO a genuine Yoshi can is a waste of money seeing you will see little to no performance gain out of one. So buy a cheapie that will do exactly the same job :cool: