Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Exhaust for GS500

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by CaptnKrunchy, Dec 26, 2012.

1.  Top
  2. Have you tried the GSTwins Wiki?

I have a Staintune on my GS. Sounds okay and with the baffle in it is completely legal.

If you just want a slip-on, there are plenty of options. There are a couple of good full systems out there as well.

3. Why would you bother? A change of muffler is going to make half-of-bugger-all-difference to the old girl's performance, It's $500 bucks that can be better spent. Want to look different? OK, 90mm plastic waste-water pipe split lengthwise slides beautifully up along the Suzi muffler. You can do a bit of constructive pipe carving so it fits up up nicely at the mounting point. Give it a slap of black (or pink or whatever) heatie paint and away you go. All the girls will point at you and say "he's got a nice one", you'll be smiling when you drop the old girl on the driveway, and you'll have $500 in your kick to boot. All done and sorted for ya.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Guy at my work has a Megacycle on his, sounds pretty tough.

5. Thanks for all the replies so far.
    Apart from Staintune or Yoshi, what's another option?...I want to be heard in traffic.