Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Exhaust flange plate change - 900rr 1999

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Opa, Jan 16, 2012.

1. I just bought a 1999 900rr and the previous owner has installed a Yoshi rs-3 aftermarket muffler and changed the flange plate. As I am not too much into noisy and sporty mufflers, I would like to install the stock muffler (which I luckily have) back.

The only problem is that the stock muffler does not fit as the original flange plate is bigger. The picture tells the story as I am trying to fit the stock muffler after removing Yoshi muffler.

900rr muffler to flange 3.

Does anyone know what would be the easiest (and cheapest) way to fix this. My first idea was to 1) find a stock flange plate 2) grind off the current flange and 3) fit and weld the stock flange.

Any ideas for shops around Brisbane to find the stock flange plate and possibly have the whole job done for me?

2. Maybe you have a full yoshi system not just a muffler? Do the headers look 16 years old or nice shiny?

If it's a full system your better off selling it and pitting a full stock system back on.