Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Exhaust change void warranty?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Irideabike, Nov 1, 2007.

1. As the post says, does changing your exhaust to an after-market one void your warranty? In my case its the hysoung warranty for the GT250R.

2. Nope.

(Further clarification)

Your warranty is there because it's required by law. If you do something (like changing the exhaust) and that causes a problem, then it's not covered under warranty as you've caused it.
  3. Nup, one of the few things that dont!
  4. Yes it can void your warranty. Read your warranty, in detail. And then think to yourself,

"if I fit an aftermarket exhaust, and it makes the bike run lean which causes the piston to overheat and melt in the engine, do I really think Hyosung are going to give me a free engine?"
  5. If you were to claim that you had a problem with your exhaust after changing the can over you may come up against some resistance. Changing part of the exhaust can (generally) make the engine breathe better and as a result cause the engine to run lean. Running lean makes an engine runs hot. Could be a reason for concern?

Don't stress, you could either re-jet (if ur Hyo is carby) or PC3, if you are fuel injected, to even the fuel/air ratio up

Or, do what most of us do, don't worry about it and enjoy your new exhaust. You'd have to be pretty unlucky to run into any trouble.

I've swapped cans on my last two bikes without any further mods and experienced no issues.
  6. If you use a bolt on just change it back before you take it in, but yes hyo have refused warranty for any exhaust changes. But they do have to prove that the change could have caused the problem.