Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Exhaust and Mufflers

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by cakeman, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Hi guys, i went to midas today to ask about getting my two 1" exhausts in to a 2" so i can have a bigger sporty muffler.

The bloke wouldnt touch it and said that all mufflers need to be complinanced and even need to show a compliance badge on the muffler. Is this correct?? If so its a real pain in the rear end...... Where would i look at getting this work done in Sydney so its legal?

2. tell them its being converted into a track bike!
  3. a track bike that needs a roadworthy? lol
  4. Two smaller exhausts on one side? Far more stylish than having one bigger exhaust IMO.
  5. lol good point, though it is a midas place. I'd go see your local independent exhaust place. You'd still need to have them make it so you can put it on and off.
  6. +1... chances are it'll sound better to
  7. RVF should only have one muffler as standard?
  8. ive seen this bike, nothing is standard on it :cool:
  9. It looks decent but it doesnt sound nice and deep. Wouldnt mind the single straight through..... might have to find a local guy to make the pipes and wack a scorpion muffler on or something.
  10. Are they carbon fibre? If you want deeper just replace those two cans with carbon fibre ones. Replacing it with a single stainless steel/titanium/etc wont make it deeper.

Carbon fibre! :D
  11. Yea they currently are carbon fibre