Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Exaust questions

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by zears, Dec 22, 2009.

1. IM sure there is threads on this but i cant find exactly what mi looking for so i figured id ask again...

ok firstly im a mechanic by trade but havent done it for a few years and havent ever workded on bikes. but i have a Hyosung Gt650r EFI model (i know eveyone seems to hate on them but this one seems to go well)... anyways my question is on this model can i just swap out the exaust can and while i assume slip on means it slips on and bolt on means it bolts on are all slip on universal in size? and same for bolt on do they all have the same bolt on pattern etc?

is there specific exaust cans for each bike model or are they basically generic.

anyways any more info for a good one for my bike would be nice.

i could have looked allover the net but thought ill come to where i know i can find the answers all at once.
  2. Short answer is no, they're not all the same. Pipe diameters and bolt patterns vary.

That said, pretty much every manufacturer lists them by model, so shouldn't be hard to source.
  3. ok thanks guys
  4. As the motor in your thing is almost the same as the SV you can buy buy a Yoshi and it will go strait on, without giving you much of a flat spot. Get a free flowing air filter for it while your at it or your just wasting cash. They actually sound good.