Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ex-rider stories...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by brokey, Oct 5, 2006.

1. In the August edition of Empower, the newsletter of TAC clients, there are a couple of stories that many might find interesting...
    Download here
    Sort of makes you think.

2. pdf?!?!?!

That's going to require more than one click!
  3. Thanks brokey

Very thought provoking and yes "it can happen to anyone"
  4. huh?

click link. pdf opens. read. close.

doesn't seem overly complicated to me.
  5. Yep....and when I woke up in hospital a couple of weeks after being admitted, I realised that too... :cry:
  6. thanks brokey. i enjoyed that read.

'what happened to you?'
  7. Had a huge off last April and spent two months in Hospital and another 10 or so doing physio and hydro...been going to a local gym since then and doing other fitness/therapy programs...got a lot of metal in me and a leg that is much shorter now so I am officially a 'gimp' :LOL:

When I get around to it I will write up a (sort of last ride) report :cry:

I actually have submitted a short story to the TAC that might get printed :shock:

8. thanx, hope you get back on a bike.

gimp ay? netrider really does improve the vocab.

speaking of bits ending up shorter;

years ago a crash happened near the lane cove syd cit motorcycles.

rider went head first into the tow bar of a taxi. the tow bar had been removed so the bracket was sticking out and impaled his helmet. he got dragged and had to unstrap himself.

his vertebrae got compacted. he is a short fellow now. he can still walk.
  9. Would love to but others are resisting...I had a bit of a drool over plenty of nice looking bikes at the expo on Saturday and a lot of jealousy for those that rode to and from the show... :roll:
  10. i know how that feels