Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Evening - Hi - Be Gentle - Nice site :)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by phoenixuk, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Hello to netrider and all who resides in here.
    I'm about to take the plunge and transport myself anf family over to Perth on a more perm basis.
    This will include my bikes so i'll be looking to make some new friends to ride with, trackday wih, tour with etc.
    Netrider seems like a good place to start.

Theres going to be a few tips and pointers i'll need along the way so I hope you don't mind me asking the odd dumb question now and then, will mostly be about differences between here and the uk bike scene i guess.

A little about me - i'm 43 and ride a Ducati Monster, my lad is 19 and has one too, daughter will have to take a test here but currently has an old trailie at home but we'll be leaving that one.

I'm looking forward to exploring what Australia has to offer - so till then - Hellloooooo :) and hope you don't mind me buttin in n all!

2. Hey there Phoenixuk,

Welcome!!! You have definately picked a good sight to start with... Hope you're move goes safe and well and im sure we'll all hear from you soon...

Ciao for now :p
  3. Welcome to Netrider, and to Perth. We have just got the social side up and running in Perth, with regular coffee meets on the first Thursday of the month. In fact I have just returned from a nice cold wet strop through the hills with a few other Netriders, that would make a Pom feel right at home weather wise. No commercial track days in Perth though. Just join the Motorcycle Racing Club of WA (MCRCWA) and go to their practice and tuning days. Normally 4 x 15-20 min sessions in a day.
  4. Hi Phoenixuk
    You'll love Australia, best country in the world .
    This is a top site you picked, it's a good read if you want a laugh.
    Best of luck with your move.
  5. Gday mate ans welcome :grin:

Cheers :cool:
  6. Britain's finest export - A family of bikers :cool: . Welcome and enjoy!
  7. from one ex pat pom to a future ex pat pom,
    G'day and welcome ya pommy bastid,
    Remember to talk slow to the locals when you get to Perth, their a bit different to the rest of the Aussies.
  8. hey, welcome, dont judge the rest of us by what you see and people you meet in WA, the rest of the country is realy nice and the folks are realy friendly.

WA is sort of like purgatory, not quite heaven (eastern states) not quite hell (anywhere outside Aussie)

lol, welcome mate
  9. Welcome to the penal colonies, fellow rider and family.

I hope the transition is a good career move for you; you should get more fine days on which to ride.

Be sure to bring lots of tall tales about motorcycling in the old dart, eh?
  10. Hello and welcome from a fellow ex pom (go Liverpool)
  11. ...and Perth is pretty much bike heaven, warm and dry all year 'round. You won't know yourself!

And welcome.
  12. Welcome to the site phoenixuk :)

Seems to be a larger and larger group of perth netriders lately, mabye you could go along to one of the coffee nights they are organising.
  13. Hi - and thanks for the warm welcome :)

I did read about the revitalised coffee evenings and i've been told where it is so i'm sure i'll get around to meeting up with you at some point in the not too distant.

Thanks for the tip re the race club - i have a ACU race licence already in the uk and tend to do mostly racing test days so i'll be looking to join a club and take the Duke out on track when the time comes :)

Would you believe the weather at home has been a bit too warm the last 3 weeks to ride much - 38 deg heatwave - I ask ya ???? We brits just aren't cut out for that kind of temps :LOL:

Lin. :)
  14. 38 degrees? Heatwave?? Not in Australia :]

15. :LOL: it wasn't that bad was it? Thanks again for the ride mate I enjoyed it even if the weather did turn a bit sour on us, and welcome phoenix! Will look forward to catching up with you and yours, if there's anything I can do let me know and I'll do my best! :grin:
  16. At 43 you qualify for Ulysses Club membership. A good group to socialize and ride with, and to get to know the Ozzie ways and means.
  17. Yes, I strongly recommend checking out the Ulysses club as well..

And welcome to Netrider :)
  18. Howdy and welcome, as for Ulysses, if you are under 50 you are a junior member and expected to help all the old farts on and off their bikes :LOL:
  19. No it was great.....especially the 'controlled braking' demonstrations :grin:
  20. Well you've gotta learn SOMETIME mate, I might as well show you how it's done :LOL::oops::p