Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Even with the amazing online map resources available these days...

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by Mr Flibble, Oct 16, 2014.

1. I live just on the outskirts of Candelo.

Every year it's the same, numerous groups of riders heading for Philip Island turn onto Tantawanglo Mountain Rd, acclerating like bats outa hell up the hill towards Bombala. A few minutes later they've turned around, and stopped at the intersection at Myrtle Mountain Rd to regroup. Sometimes there's quite a delay, I imagine there's some feverish map reading going on...

Tantawanglo Mountain Rd is a lovely road, has next to no traffic, it cuts through beautiful national park forest, lots of ups and downs and lefts and rights. But it turns to dirt about a km out of town.

Meanwhile, they eventually work it out and head up Myrtle Mountain Road to Wyndham, and onto Mount Darragh Rd, a route which also has next to no traffic, cuts through beautiful national park forest, and has lots of ups and downs and lefts and rights (and is sealed).

2. It's because Google Maps (and probably GPS's) have a tendency to route you onto Tanatawanglo Mountain Road, because it's technically shorter. Also there is no Streetview of Myrtle Mountain Road.

3. Mmmm never noticed that...

I bet the occupants of this property hate MotoGP time: Clipboard02.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. You could be a nice bloke and put a sign saying 'MotoGP' and pointing up Myrtle Mountain.
    Or you could just set up a chair and sit there with a stubby watching the fun.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2