Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Etymotic mc5 headphones

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Prickles, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Hey all, I just bought myself a pair of Etymotic mc5 headphones for riding after reading some reviews about an older model and thought I'd share my experience with everyone.

Probably the biggest thing I wasn't 100% sure about was whether these would fit fine inside a helmet and turns out I had nothing to worry about. I found using the smaller triple flange plugs fits best for me - the larger triple flange plugs don't go in far enough and I doubt these plugs would be a comfortable fit under my helmet.

The noise isolation is awesome - I still got heaps of wind noise using a couple of difference types of cheap ear plugs, but everything is so quiet with these. Listening to music while riding is great - especially with these as you barely need any volume.

If anyone is looking for some headphones to use while riding, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.