Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Etag & parking

Discussion in 'Scooters' at netrider.net.au started by glo206, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Hi,

I saw a scooter go through E-tag booth today. ( i always thought bikes have to go through the coins booths) Do other riders use it and where/ how do they put the tag?

Also, if u park a scooter/bike in a ticket or time restricted space ( say 1P) do uahve to buy a ticket? where are u going to secure it?
    sorry if these questions sound stupid, but just something a new rider want to find out i guess....haha

cheer
    gaz

2. I use e-tag from RTA on M4. I always use the e-tag only lane. It works fine. I put the e-tag between the windscreen and the dash.

3. Parking tickets get stolen or blow away.
    Sydney isnt very bike friendly :(

4. Yea that's what I wondered as well. I've seen bike parking places in CBD (Sydney) and assume parking would be free there. Now, I meant to ask what about other places. You see, like the man says, 2P, 4P whatever, if i leave the bike there, am I gonna get the ticket? Surely...I just dont remember seeing a ticket given to a bike - maybe i never really looked :(.

5. Etag.

Unless you are going through the CCT, don't bother carrying it. They will send you a form to fill out and fax back if you ain't in their system.

Parking.

If it's metered parking, you have to have a ticket. And legally you have to display the ticket on the bike. Otherwise you can be fined for failing to display a valid ticket.

What you do is get a ticket. Keep ticket on you. If you get a fine, you write a letter with a copy of the receipt, stating it was in the rego holder. Then fine goes away.

6. I've got two tickets for parking illegally on the bike.

If you are going to park illegally, do it on the pavement. It's the smallest fine of the bunch ($64).

7. Hey Gaz you could always move to Melbourne!

No tolls on toll roads and you can park on the footpath, it does get a bit cold though. :cry: