Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Errr..... stolen bike?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by sparz, Feb 17, 2010.

1. http://tinyurl.com/ykheblh

stolen, or typo? lol.....

that surely would be a nice bike for that price!! Sent him an email verifying real price :p
  2. this happens a lot. If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is.
  3. [​IMG] The Ad you are looking for is no longer available but we found other ads that may match what you are looking for.
  4. ^^ I would assume from the above typo, the listing was removed
  5. I have contacted a few scammers about their cheap bikes, ad usually goes something like
    "I dont know anything about bikes but my mate tells me this is a good one".
    You contact them and the bike is conveniently in a storage facility 4000 km's from wherever you are and because of insurance you cant have a look at it. But the sale is gauranteed by ebay or paypal or similar. Then they want the money by western union..
  6. Gumtree is full of scams.
    Eg: A reply from a guy selling a perfect 900rr

I am the first owner ,the reason i'm selling the bike is because my schedule doesn't allow me to take care of it the way i should.It has 10600 km and a clear title.The bike is in excellent condition,it has no accidents ,never been down,no scratches has all taxes payed and the engine has no problems.My selling price is $2450 which includes the shipping taxes and the insurance.The bike is in Sydney (at MoneyBookers official location) because i am with work in London,UK for the next approximately 3 months and i am using MoneyBookers services so I can have the bike sold without difficulty.If you are interested the deal will go strictly according to MoneyBookers rules and policy.To start the official transaction, I need to know your full name and shipping details.As soon as I have this information, I will forward your details to MoneyBookers and they will notify you with all you need to know about our transaction.You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from MoneyBookers regarding our transaction.You will have 14 days return policy, so you will have the chance to inspect the bike and inform them if you keep it or not. If you decide to keep it, they will release me the funds, if not, you will have a complete refund within 3 days. I will wait for your reply.

Kind regards.
    Alan Clark

All I asked was the condition and rwc details lol
    Another reply from someone selling an R6 for $4k

I am from Darwin.
    This is the second time I tried to sell the bike. First time I tried eBay.
    Because I always use 100% safe methods, I've sent the bike through eBay Vehicle Protection Program to a buyer from Sydney.
    I paid all the shipping fees from my pocket and when eBay requested the payment to be made, the buyer refused to pay because they didn't have the full amount available.
    Now I have the bike in eBay's hands and it's ready to be delivered to the next buyer.
    If you want to purchase it and only if you are a serious buyer then send me your complete name and address for shipping.
    The delivery time will be only 3 days and the bike will be delivered at your home address full registered in your state and under your name.

These type of adds have dodgy writen all over them. Sometimes its fun to play allong thoug:). Oh really? thats a good price. Do you you want a Visa or Mastercard number...