Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

"erratic" truck driver. more reasons motorcyclists

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by russ, Jun 27, 2005.

1. stupid word limit on the title.

"more reasons motorcyclists die"

2. Bullshit. What bike riders don't drink and drive :?: Tintops drivers don't drink and drive :?:

If you want to live in a bubble wrap and have total peace of mind when you throw your leg over the bike then just ride up and down your driveway. But then I heard on the radio (wilos for the OFARCS :shock: :p ) that a pissed driver slammed into a car parked in the driveway. To victimise truckies is not right IMHO that they KILL us riders IMHO as YOU have stated.

Your right about being pissed, its not a good thing at all and human lives are put at risk.

Cheers 8)
  3. Like to see a rider dob in a truckie and follow him with location reports like the driver in this case did.

Then again, the cops are usually saying we shouldn't use a mobile while driving so they'll probably charge the guy who dobbed in the truckie next for using his mobile while driving :p :roll: :wink:

4. hmm I said nothing about truckies... "erratic" truck driver

I have no problems with truckies and apologies for any offence

I have a problem with this guy being so pissed he thinks he's in ballarat.

i would have the same problem with a motorcycle rider in the same situation and if I'd read that it was a guy on a bike I'd have posted the same title substituting "motorcyclist".
  5. I'd like the think motorcyclists don't drink and ride, simply because you can't keep your balance properly, and the increased concentration required would make them all think twice.

The fact that there are still people drinking and riding, proves that some people really are just retarded, and need to be shot in the head. Or at least have their license revoked. :p
  6. Yep he should be put off the road for a VERY long time

Cheers 8)

Sorry thought you were blaming truck drivers. :oops:
  7. I'd like to think that motorcyclists don't drink and ride, or take drugs and ride, but sadly, the stats seem to indicate otherwise.

I guess we just have to take extra care every time we go out there, knowing that there are car drivers, other motorcyclists, truckies, and, yes, even pedestrians who are on our roads affected by substances that impair their judgement and can be a mortal danger to us.

PLEASE, don't drink/do drugs and ride!!!
  8. ...what Tenoq and rc36 said.

The title just reinforces my golden roadcraft rule... space is your friend. Ride well behind or ride well infront, but never beside.

Sometimes it can't be helped, but in that case, get level with the driver, wave hello, and look for an opp to get the fcuk outathere ASAP.