Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ergonomics of Dishonesty

Discussion in 'Research, Studies, and Data' at netrider.net.au started by Spots, Jul 10, 2013.

1. #1 Spots, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    Study finds that seats which allow a more expansive, relaxed, powerful posture increase the likelihood of the driver engaging in dishonest behaviour, lawbreaking, etc than more confining or uncomfortable seats.

http://faculty.haas.berkeley.edu/dana_carney/inpress.ErgoDishonesty.PsySci.pdf

In which case, this guy must be the most law-abiding rider ever.

Wanna_ride.

Well. Assuming there are matching rider and pillion accoutrements, anyway.

2. is that Kernel?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Maybe. Or maybe it's just the case that arrogant wankers make up a large proportion of the large luxury car buying demographic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hoping that we will see some police targetting then.

5. Correlation vs Causation, hey?

6. Hahah. Possibly, with regards to the 4th part of the study comparing real-life parking habits of cars. Having said that, not all spacious cars are expensive luxury cars preferred by the wanker demographic.

The other three parts of the study shouldn't have that sort of bias tho', regarding the ability for adopted posture to influence confidence levels.

7. I am worried that this has become a journal article.

8. No, some of them are big, crude, cheap things preferred by the bogan wanker demographic as opposed to the rich wanker demographic.

True. I'll admit that I speed read the article and that the issue is rather more complex. However I'm still inclined to think that things like, say, risk compensation, may contribute to acting like more of a twat when driving a large (perceived as safe) vehicle with an expansive driving position.

9. Mmmmm I'd like to go for a double on that bike, you can wheely all you want :) I wont come off