Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ER6NL - changing MPH back to KMPH

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Bodger, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Hi all. Hoping someone out there can help me. Whilst changing the clock/time on my 2013 Kawasaki ER6NL, I accidentally set the speedo to display MPH instead of KMPH.... and damned if I can reset the bloody thing. I have followed all the instructions in the (next to useless) Owners Manual, and consulted a couple of friends.... with no joy. The display will only let me access the time and the trips A & B. If anyone out there can shed some light I will be very grateful.

2. From a kwaka forum

A: Turn on Bike, not running
    B: Make sure the Odometer is on, not trip
    C: Press and Hold MODE
    D: Press Reset until correct reading

It will go through a couple of setups, one is KPH with F temp and miles on the Odo, and it will change KPH, Degrees, Or total miles/Kilos. Just keep watching the read out and pick what you want.

hope this works for you
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Thanks DaveL. Appreciate the response, however I have been through these steps to no avail. When the Odometer is on and I press and hold MODE nothing happens, no cycling through the various options, the only thing I can change is the time and the trip settings. I will have another go tonight and report back. Thanks again for the help. Cheers. Bodger.
  4. Update: Problem solved. Don't know how. I tried again following DaveL's directions (not the manuals, although they appear to be the same). 15 times lucky. Thanks DaveL.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Al's well that ends well!
  6. Hmmm, clue could be in the OPs name.....
    • Like Like x 1
  7. OPs....?
  8. Original Poster
  9. ie yourself
  10. I'm confused, who's Al? Is that Bodger's real name? Is Georgie really Mystic Meg? Is Detective Womble a plant? So many clues, so many questions.........................
  11. All (or Al) will be revealed in due course. For now, just believe.
  12. I'm a believer, but please don't reveal all Mate. Cheers
    • Like Like x 1
  13. [​IMG]
  14. I taught him everything he knows. The kid would be a nobody without me.
  15. I beliebe you LionzLionz.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks for the help.
  17. Should of left it in MPH. I swear I was only going 100 officer :p
    • Like Like x 1
  18. So now you're only kilometres in front, not miles in front.......
    • Funny Funny x 1