Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ER6NL - changing MPH back to KMPH

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Bodger, Apr 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hi all. Hoping someone out there can help me. Whilst changing the clock/time on my 2013 Kawasaki ER6NL, I accidentally set the speedo to display MPH instead of KMPH.... and damned if I can reset the bloody thing. I have followed all the instructions in the (next to useless) Owners Manual, and consulted a couple of friends.... with no joy. The display will only let me access the time and the trips A & B. If anyone out there can shed some light I will be very grateful.

Cheers
    Bodger

2. From a kwaka forum

A: Turn on Bike, not running
    B: Make sure the Odometer is on, not trip
    C: Press and Hold MODE
    D: Press Reset until correct reading

It will go through a couple of setups, one is KPH with F temp and miles on the Odo, and it will change KPH, Degrees, Or total miles/Kilos. Just keep watching the read out and pick what you want.

hope this works for you

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Thanks DaveL. Appreciate the response, however I have been through these steps to no avail. When the Odometer is on and I press and hold MODE nothing happens, no cycling through the various options, the only thing I can change is the time and the trip settings. I will have another go tonight and report back. Thanks again for the help. Cheers. Bodger.

4. Update: Problem solved. Don't know how. I tried again following DaveL's directions (not the manuals, although they appear to be the same). 15 times lucky. Thanks DaveL.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Al's well that ends well!

6. Hmmm, clue could be in the OPs name.....

• Like Like x 1
  7. OPs....?

8. Original Poster

9. ie yourself

10. I'm confused, who's Al? Is that Bodger's real name? Is Georgie really Mystic Meg? Is Detective Womble a plant? So many clues, so many questions.........................

11. All (or Al) will be revealed in due course. For now, just believe.

12. I'm a believer, but please don't reveal all Mate. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  13. Im-proud-to-be-a-Belieber-justin-bieber-31767543-851-315.

14. I taught him everything he knows. The kid would be a nobody without me.

15. I beliebe you LionzLionz.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks for the help.

17. Should of left it in MPH. I swear I was only going 100 officer :p

• Like Like x 1
  18. So now you're only kilometres in front, not miles in front.......

• Funny Funny x 1