Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ER6N, whats the better protection accessory?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Fractallus, Feb 16, 2016.

?
  1. Crash Bar

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Frame sliders

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Hey guys, struggling to find the right answers so I'm wondering whats better, the sliders for the engine or crash bars?

2. insurance is the best protection !!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Your ability........

But if your set on the best then obviously crash bars will stop more damage.

4. Both will do the same job.

Personally I have the genuine frame sliders on my 2010. Engine guards

I low sided the bike a couple of years ago and they did their job well, there was enough room between the road and the bike for my leg so there was no injury to my leg from the bike's weight falling onto it and I was able to slide free of the bike rather than being pinned under it with the bikes weight on my leg.

They are called engine/fram guards. Personally I call them leg guards. I'd rather have a stuffed engine than a stuffed leg.

Plus, as the bike came down on the left hand side where the more prominent & lower engine case is, it was undamaged and managed to ride it home. Always an added bonus is the slider protects the engine from damage as well as your leg.