Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

er6n or f650cs or other

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by wrxbox, Jan 10, 2008.

1. I ride 50kms each way to work every day, around 35kms is flowing freeway, 10kms packed freeway and the other 5kms city traffic.
    I only use my bike for commuting, comfort, fuel economy and overall running costs are my priority and I want something bigger than a 250.

I really like the look of the ER6n and think it’d be a great commuter. I’d love to hear from people that have this bike as to what it’s like for comfort and fuel economy, I’ve read that they get around 30kms / Ltr, is this true? http://www.motoring.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=3405692

Another bike I was looking at is the BMW F650 CS, I think it's a little ugly looking and I could get a new ER6n for the price some people are asking for a second hand BMW. But I wonder how much of a benefit the belt drive would be?

Any other suggestions that would get 30kms/Ltr?
  2. The er6 was used to win a fuel efficiency contest, the writeup was in a mag I read.. can't remember which one..

Riding sedately I'm confident you could get (or at least very very close to) 4L/100kms.

30km/L is almost 3L/100kms - which wont happen unless you're on a freeway with a wind assisting :LOL:

They are really nice bikes, I looked at getting an er6f for a long time. VERY upright even compared to my zzr. Low seat height, fairly comfortable (would be great in the city). Plenty of mods available, cheap to buy, maintain and insure. There aren't many in aus though, so for parts you'd be paying dealer oem prices.