Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ER6N - Brand New 08 for $7,300 or 22,000km's 06 for $5,500

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by ckaine, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Hi All

I am currently looking at purchasing a new bike and have narrowed it down to either a 2006 used model with 22,000km's for $5500 or a brand new 2008 model for $7,300.

I would appreciate your opinon on whether the additional $1,800 would be well spent? I'm thinking that it probably would be given that the new one has a two year warranty etc.

Thanks for your advice.

2. Thats 7300 + orc? If not buy it now as its a fantastic price!

Either way they're both priced pretty well..
  3. i nearly bought an 06 one with about 10,000 k's for 5K. but it was a bit dinged and was under finance so i passed.

that price for the new one is great. id be getting that one
  4. Thanks for your advice.

The prices are both +ORC's because I'll be registering them once I get them back to Tassie.

Also, just another question, I am assuming this bike will have a bit more low down Torque than the likes of the CB600, FZ600 etc?? Might be a bit more enjoyable on our windy roads.

5. yeah. i testrode rode two er-6n's

and now have a 600 fazer (fz6n) the er6n had a much more fun engine. less theoritical power, but more real world power.

the er6 was much easier to wheelie due to the more tourqey feel (important in my book) and was a nicer bike all round. smooth, good brakes, ok suspension, good looks, smallish tank, nice instrument display,slightly cramped bars imo.

i ended up with the fazer only because i found a pristine example really cheap. Its a great bike if you dont need massive power

6. If the 2006 one has been looked after it seems a good price. I've done nearly 20,000km on my 2007 model and it runs like new (well apart from being run in). But new is good and you know the service history. The OEM tyres aren't the best. Bridgie bt021's rock. Its a good bike for the twisties and backroads where I don't want to go at warp speed.