Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Er, um, I just rode a scooter and LOVED it.....am I ill?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by incitatus, Nov 17, 2005.

1. I just had a blast on our receptionist's scooter. It’s a 150cc thingy called a 303RS.........it's a hoot! Talk about quick steering! must be those little wheels. It accelerates like sh#t off a chrome plated shovel, and brakes pretty good too. I haven’t ridden a scooter since the old ‘bubble belly’ Vespas, and my, how things have changed. I would never have believed I would say this, but I reckon I could have a lot of fun on one of these little babies.

2. Yes your ill..
    Take 2 doses of 1000cc+ sports bike and repeat until the symptoms are relieved.
  3. instead of banging her at the Xmas party , get her a full face helmet instead , then you can ride the scooter more often as she will be around longer :LOL:
  4. Thank you Doctor.....I was getting worried for a moment.
  5. take it out on a 100km speed zone and see how much you enjoy in then :LOL:
  6. Fair comment. I rode it in a 70 limit on quite twisty roads, in a 60, in a 50, and for a total of only about 15 minutes. Its not the outright performance that I enjoyed, it's a bit like the difference between a car and a kart, it just feels fast. Still fun though.
  7. they are designed for city use only.. A guy at work had one for quite a while (it was actualy HOTTED UP) but as soon as he moved futher away and needed to travel on the freeway (at 4am) he very quickly changed to a sports 250 motorbike!!
  8. Agreed, and be sure to let me know if you need someone to fill in on the banging bit.

9. No problem Justin, be my guest, I'll send you his phone number.
  10. There'd better be plenty of alcohol at this xmas party... :LOL:

11. now thats going to leave a real farkin discuisting taste in your mouth :p :shock: :LOL: :LOL:
  12. i don't know from personal experience

but from what i read maybe you'd like an aprilia rs125

from what i've read its a pretty engaging ride. lotsa noise, feels fast, takes corners really well......and all without that top end speed.

i've just got all this from magazine reviews
  13. Notice how the scooters handling and accelleration out performs the beemer :p :wink:
  14. Ohh Midnight, you catty biatch. :LOL:
  15. You're not ill incitatus, I reckon scooters are great. They are like crotchless motorcycles. Any motorcycle rider who poopoos scooters is wasting oxygen, it's like an argument between bmx and mountain bike owners - nobody cares.

Even valentino rides a scooter in the pits, and he's always smiling :)
  16. Is there a Golden Hornet as well??? (thinks, might get one for Mrs Hornet)

17. AAAAAHA........Why didn't I think of that! I'm sure Mrs Incitatus would like one to ride until I get her Benelli running (circa 2008 at this rate)......and I could look after it for her quite nicely.

18. Tee heee hee....Just had another 10min blast. I tell you folks, trash your pre-conceptions, this is serious fun.......