Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ER-6N/F Reliability & Modifications

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by apeman77, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Hi to all riders and owners but especially ER owners. As i am new to netriders i hope i am doing this correctly. I am currently looking very seriously at purchasing a Kawasaki ER6N and would like to know a bit of info from people who have owned one for a while. There are none in town apart from the one in the shop and it is a little hard getting a straight answer on my question from the bike shop.

My questions are: What are the ongoing maintaince costs like, have you had any major troubles with it(i'm worried about being new design teething problems) and what if any modifications have you done to improve the bike.

As i am looking to buy a NEW bike, also if anyone has a suggested bike instead, but ****NO**** Suzuki SV650, road bike, maximum CC's 650, comfortable seating position(tourer/sports style not full sports) and cost on road of around $10000 to $13000. ER6N quoted as $10000 on road, ER6F add $700.

Eagerly awaiting some help. Cheers Dave