Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

EPA Noise testing place?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by VapourLock, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Hi all,

Anyone know of a motorbike friendly EPA noise testing place?

Just received an "EPA" noise testing notice in the mail.

It says an EPA Office or Vic Police person has observed my bike as being "too loud" so now I need to get it tested.

They give a list of places in Vic that I can go and get it tested.

Has anyone else had this done and/or can recommend a place that doesn't treat bike owners as second class citizens?

Btw - my bike is stock, so I don't know what drugs they were smoking. Guess I must have annoyed them by getting past in traffic when they were stuck or something.

+ VapourLock
  2. I went to one in Richmond, on Swan st I think (or else Bridge rd) that
    were quite good to me. It was an exhausts shop for cars but they
    were good to me and my old bike, and weren't unduly anal about

Side note: A guy fought this in court and won, saying his vehicle was proven to be correct and so why should he have to pay for testing...
    sadly the court case cost more than the test.

I think the test was only about $25 but that was about 4-5 yrs ago.
  3. Doesn't the EPA have their own testing station in Altona, get them to look at it and hopefully they will believe you version of the story and not make you pay??
  4. I wouldn't go anywhere near the EPA test station in Altona if you paid me... their entire job is to find things WRONG with your bike to screw you over with... :furious:
  5. PM sent.
  6. Cool, thanks guys.

Going to organise it and get it done.

Also recording the time taken on this, so I know how much time to invoice them for.

Regards and best wishes,

7. This system is so open to abuse. Some prick with a thing about bikes, for example, can victimise some poor prick merely because he rides a bike.

And you get these officious pubic servant bureacrats who couldn't get their lard arses out of their own way as they sponge off the taxpayers who have more power than they could possibly ever deserve.
  8. Got it tested today, and (no surprise) it passed easily.

You're not wrong about the system being open to abuse.

9. Send them an invoice for your time and effort and get it legally certified.

10. Share the info