Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

EOI: Motorbike ride/customs club on the Gold Coast

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by unmeg, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Hello! I am an old skewl Netrider lurker. I know this is my first post but it is for the good of the community! I swear I am not selling anything!

So I've just returned to university (Griffith) and have noticed a lot of bikes around campus, and a lot of posters about the benefits of starting a uni club (stay with me non-uni students -- anyone can join), which include funding/subsidies for equipment and possibly mini-conferences.

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a motorbike modding/riding club run out of the uni? I'd require a certain number of Griffith students to have it affiliated (and a lot of the funding is based on how many uni students there are), but beyond that initial threshold it would be open to all. I envision it as a cool way to establish a little community workshop (funding for welder? Other tools I know nothing about? Try to get lessons on soldering/welding/seat upholstery etc from local experts? Free food at meetings?) and ride group with very little investment from our own pockets (I think you can have membership fees as low as one or two dollars).

Is this appealing to anyone? Would you join? I haven't started the club application process yet because I don't know anyone at Griffith so not sure how I'll wrangle my 10 members but wondered if there was broader interest too.

Lemme know!

2. Good idea. It'd also be a good idea to pop over to the Intro's thread and introduce yourself.