Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

EOI - GOR tomorrow, 13/03

Discussion in 'VIC' started by SAMB, Mar 12, 2012.

1. I know it's not much notice but I'm going regardless so want to see if anyone wants to join (RDO people!) as it's supposed to be a warm day tomorrow. I've never been past Apollo Bay so the aim is to get to at least there. As it's a weekday I'm hoping the roads will be quiet. Thinking of leaving no later than 9. I live in Williamstown so if you're on the city side of the bridge I was thinking meeting at the Shell just off the Westgate Freeway on Williamstown Rd. I'll check this again later tonight and tomorrow morning.

2. Hi mate, we did this trip yesterday. Great road! We left at 7am from the Shell on the City side of the West Gate Bridge. We made it to Port Campbell, then back via Scott's Creek to Colac, then back to Melbourne. Arrived at the Shell over the West Gate by 5.45 pm. Had a few stops on the way. Traffic should be easier tomorrow. Have a look at the photos in this thread: https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=130379#.T13DqqNhiSM
    Definitely worthwhile going past Apollo Bay.

Have fun!
  3. Cheers Garido. I saw your thread and really wanted to join but couldn't make it today. Every time I've done the GOR has been on a weekend and I've always gotten stuck behind buses which makes for either a very boring and frustrating ride or somewhat risky and illegal passing. Hoping to get to Warnambool and back by 3ish. Here's hoping there's minimal buses!
  4. You still going on this ride mate?
  5. Did Reefton and Black Spurs followed by Kinglake instead. Great day.