Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

English Language

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by N1GH7-R1D3R, Dec 14, 2005.

1. English has to be one of the hardest languages to understand. Read the paragraph below and try to understand the meaning.

Two individuals proceeded towards the apex of a natural geologic
    protuberance, the purpose of their expedition being the procurement of a sample of fluid hydride of oxygen in a large vessel, the exact size of which was unspecified. One member of the team precipitously descended, sustaining severe damage to the upper cranial portion of his anatomical
    structure; Subsequently the second member of the team performed a self
    rotational translation oriented in the same direction taken by the first team member.

In plain English what does this translate to?

Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water Jack fell down and broke his crown and Jill came tumbling after
  2. More like, SOmone on Netrider has waaayyy too much time on their hands :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  3. Actually the first bit made perfect sense, think I've been reading WAY to many scientific journals lately (for work, not for fun).
  4. If Jack and Jill rode motorbikes all they needed to do was nod and nod to other people and everyone would be understood.
  5. if you read through it quickly and don't think too hard it makes a lot more sense i find.
  6. It makes perfect sense, but i read scientific journals all the time.