Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

English heatwave has strange results

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by hornet, Jul 19, 2006.

1. I heard this morning that it was 37 degrees (that's around 98 in the old scale) in England yesterday, and that the heatwave had been responsible for an 823% increase in the sales of water pistols....

For GOODNESS SAKE, who compiles these figures, and who's got a warped enough mind to check on the sales of water pistols, at ANY time???
  2. LOL the poms obviously
  3. Yeah, they sold 9 this year.
  4. They probably think that water pistols will protect them.
  5. Nobody ussually gets past page 3 of the sun so it was never expected that someone would actually read that claim let alone believe it.
  6. Sorry, I didn't read your response, I didn't get past your avatar...

7. :LOL: LOL
  8. in todays herald sun its got a pic of a lady picking her shoe off the ground and all this crap is coming off aswell, the heat is melting the streets
  9. I went to England a few years ago and experienced a 'heatwave' of around 27-28 degrees. I remember the roads being really sticky then, due to the tar beginning to melt.

36-37 degrees that they're getting at the moment should see the tar turning almost liquid I would imagine!
  10. The other strange result, as noted on one of the more irreverent radio stations in Sydney this morning, is English men taking off their SHIRTS ........
  11. Let me know when the women are doing it too yeah?

Cheers: Jaq.
  12. Talked to my daughter the other night.

She was sitting outside a pub in East Anglia (UK) watching the locals and having a severe case of culture shock.

She said there were actually blokes sitting around in their singlets with knotted handkerchiefs on their heads talking in unintelligible Norfolk accents :shock: :shock:

She thought she was taking part in an old Monty Python episode. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  13. They were indeed Paul.

She now has proof that they exist (a bit further south than their normal habitat of Yorkshire) :LOL: