Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Engineers or Building Surveyor

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by stewy, Feb 6, 2008.

1. As the topic says do we have any Engineers (for residential buildings) within our ranks as am playing with a few idea's at home, and some input from a engineer or a Building Surveyor would be appreciated.

Cheers stewy :grin:

2. what do you want to do? a bit of info and I could help you.

3. Hey Zac,

Looking at the idea of putting a attic in the roof space, as there is quite a large area, but need some advice with beams, as the spans are quite large, (larger then the timber framing manual cover).

Am in the middle of drawing it up in cad, with all roof props and loadbearing walls, hangers etc......

If you want i can email you up the cad drawing for you to have a look at.

Cheers stewy :)

4. Put a second storey up there, so that you can put your telescope on the teenage hottie next door.

5. :grin: hottie next door eh? I'm happy to help out.
    :p

just pm'ed you my email. I'll be back online say monday... In anycase i cant do much till i take a look. The standard timber framing manual is good for most spans but custom work you may have to bite the bullet and get some steel fabricated.

If its a platform in the middle of the building with convenient LBW then maybe looking at LVL timber beams or Muscle beams, these are less costly but it all depends on the span and load points.

In anycase i'll take a look... if you could send me some 8X10's of teh hotie ?
    :wink: