Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Engineer's Certificate

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by TheMav, Oct 30, 2013.

  1. To do major mods on a car you need to get it engineered. Not saying this should also be the case for bikes too, but why isn't it? Something to do with product liability cases for cars being more likely?

  2. All vehicles require engineering signatory sign-off for all modifications that aren't listed as "engineering signatory not required" in the relevant National Code Of Practice. "All vehicles" absolutely includes motorcycles. There are less ADR's for motorcycles because there are less features in bikes than other vehicles. This means that there's less that the NCOP has to cover. However, the fact remains: an engineering signatory is absolutely required for certain types of modifications to motorcycles. Sorry, but you are mistaken in thinking that bikes don't need engineering signatory sign-off.
  3. Thanks for confirming