Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

engineering for rego

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by bobr, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Hi IM new to the forum and im just looking for some answers in regards to my bike...Basically it is almost ready for rego just front and rear lights and forward controls and im there...i need to know who or if theres someone i can go to who will engineere it and do the passing rego thing for me...anyone here with some direction

2. You missing a bit of story here. You have hinted that you have built a chopper?????

Does it have a custom frame?

If not, then a blue slip should be fine.

I'm not sure of the exact procedure in NSW if it's a custom frame, but you might find the engineer needed to witness the welds. So it's a bit late to be asking.
  3. i suppose i shoulda given more info ay...........ive had all the welds and stuff checked over it is a custom build with rigid frame imported and its been put together as far as my knowledge goes to rego standards
    since i posted this i have found a lead now for what im asking so its cool anyways
    thanx for the post
  4. rego requirements

Mate try getting on the RTA web site, there is a section in there listing the Engineers who can inspect and pass reworks and modifications. Hope this helps.