Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Engine Warning Light Problem

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by King_Nothing, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Guys, I got a bit of a problem with my Triumph Daytona 955i (03 Model).

The first problem is my engine warning light stays on constantly which tells me that one of the sensors has picked up a problem.

I had a problem with the bike battery as it went flat due to not riding for a while due to health reasons. I charged that and my engine warning light stayed on afterwards. this happened about 6 months ago due to a flat battery aswell and i reset the bike and it was fine. This time it didn't want to work. The my bike was starting to sound really off beat which told me that the bike needed something new. Then it didnt start at all, so i changed the plugs and now it works and sounds awesome. However i am still having this light stay on. This warning sets the bike in limp home mode, so I don't get the full effects of the bike. I have been trying to reset this for many hours now and it does not want to go away. The way i have been doing this is to disconnect the battery and pull on the brake lever to get the excess current out of the bike, then reconnect the battery. This worked last time, but not this time.

I was wondering if anybody knew a way i could reset this warning light? or Any way i could get my hands on the machine that checks these errors? I cant for the life of me remember what they call them, if anybody knows?

Thanks is advance for your help
  2. Something like this?

And apparently OBD-II codes are listed in the manual.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's sensor degredation and eventual failure... if it's progressively fouled your plugs, possibly it's one of the intake sensors or O2 sensor on the exhaust.
  3. A piece of black electrical tape over the light (or the removal of the globe) will fix your problem :p

The bikes problem, however, may require professional help! Consult the manual first though. Sorry, that's all I got.
  4. Try searching for a way you can retreive codes. With my Suzuki you just need to bridge 2 pins and the code is displayed in the cluster. If the light is on there is a problem that needs to be fixed. If all else fails take it to a bike shop and save the hassle of potentialy damaging more parts.
  5. Are you sure its a faulty sender ??? it might be for real...Just because the battery was flat might just be a coinsadence get it checked rather than send Hours trying to avoid it..
  6. I'd also suggest you get it checked by a dealer. they plug it into a computer and sort out what is happening.