Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Engine Rebuilds

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by col805, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Does anyone know of Bike Engine rebuilders in Sydney area and a rough idea of how much costs can be , looks like the engine in mine has to come out to rering and do heads VZ800 Marauder1997 can't seem to see if it can be done on bike.

Thanks
    col805

2. Can't help, but will be watching this for suggestions - I need rings and valve seats done and am moving to Sydney in a few weeks.

Have been wondering if/where the PTR/Balls equivalents are in Syd (more for sportsies than a VZ) but anywhere good to do a top end would be good...

3. If it's anything like car rebuilds, you go to a normal mechanic and they send it onto the rebuild centre.

4. If it's just top end, you could go to any car engine reconditioner. Ten 10ths in Liverpool from memory do it, but they are not cheap.

5. Engine rebuild

Hi darkhorse
    I have found a Bike Mechanic who sounds O'K I spoke to him the other day his name is Mark I found him here in Netrider his mobile 0434969363 Hope this helps

cheers :)

6. Thanks mate, I'll keep it in mind.