Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

engine number location (suzuki)

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by miser, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Anyone know exactly where I can find the engine number on an 81 gsx250? I suppose it's probably the same place on all suzukis and most jap bikes. I've had a quick look around and the only writing that I could find says "SUZUKI Made in Japan". There is 25 years of built up grease and gunk on almost every surface, so if I knew exactly where to look that would be helpful. Thanks.

2. If it's like other Suzukis then it should be stamped into the top of the crankcase on the right hand side.
  3. I feel like an idiot now. There it was looking right at me the whole time screaming 'look at me I'm right here, dammit'. There wasn't even any grime on it. As soon as I read your post I thought to myself "well if it was there then I would have seen it". I went out and had a look anyway and I could see it before I was even a metre away. Thanks jd much appreciated.