Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Engine Noise In Neutral

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by dangelovich, May 24, 2007.

1. Heyo.
    Got myself a Hyosung GT250R, and I've noticed something lately when I'm in neutral... There's extra noise - not sure how to describe it exactly. Sounds like a slight rattle. If i pull the clutch in, it goes away. Release the clutch, and its there again. Is this normal? I figure maybe it's part of running it in (only done 700k so far).
    I've also noticed it doesn't always click into first gear properly - I was taking off the other day, and I moved forward about a meter and the bike jumped back into neutral.
    Just wondering if I should take it in to get checked out before it's first service...?

Thanks.
    - David

2. Dont know with Hyo's but I would be saying thats your clutch basket and nothing to worry about. Would have to hear it to confirm :-k Wait till you hear a Ducati :?

3. I agree with clutch. The clutch is unloaded in neutral, so teh plates can rattle around a little bit.

Regards, Andrew.

4. Maybe be a little more 'Positive' sticking it into gear.

Once everything wears just a little it should get a bit smoother going into first, and staying in.

Wouldnt be too concerned just yet.