Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Engine Idle adjustment cable on accross came off :(

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by yasirbad, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Hi Guys,

Was trying to start my bike in the morning and i found it kept dying even after a jump start, i tried to adjust the idle with the adjustment knob on the left side of the fairings but it did nothing. So i took the fairings off and it seems the idle adjustment cable was no longer connected :-s

I'm having a hard time finding out where it connected to even though i have the manual i can't seem to find out how its connected.

Anyone have any ideas? I've still got the cable in good shape, spring and the washer.
  2. It'll screw in between the carbs from the bottom generally, the end of the part you screw in will make contact with the throttle cable holder, that should give you a clue as to where it goes.

If you have an exploded view of the carbs you should be able to see it.
  3. It screws in between the two carbies where the balancing screw is, from memory.. its a little plate and there should be a spring just above it with some other plates. It'll screw into the bottom of that. You should see it, it's what adjusts the butterflys
  4. Thanks guys, i found the blown up carby diagram and it does indeed have the where the cable screws in. But does anyone know if I have to remove the carbys to reach it?

I havent had a proper chance to take a look but it looks hard to screw in from the bottom :(
  5. It'll be easier if you remove the carbs, but not mandatory.