Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Engine Case Guards

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Kubira, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Ive made up these guards for my baby blade.. Your thoughts8-[

Attached Files:

2. 3 more pics, stator side

Attached Files:

3. :\ Doesn't seem too strong? I doubt it will do too much in anything more than a stationary drop (if it protects from that even) but good idea anyways
  4. the idea is simply to get scrutinized to race it(y)
  5. If its just to past scrutinizing not bad.
    But I'd be worried that they would do lots more damage in a crash.
    Not that I'm an expert on these things
  6. Mine are narrower aluminium strips, screwed down at two of the original cover points and I haven't been knocked back for any club racing.
  7. I think you'll be kissing your crankcases goodbye when it goes for a slide and digs in.

"Case-savers" should be sacrificial parts that tear off when they hit the ground.
    Either that or make them very round and smooth (slidey). Everything socket-head cap screws aren't.

The alternative is an engine with extra windows. A vroom with a view if you will.
  8. I'd replace the metal with some hard plastic & the allen head bolts with some button head bolts... That's just me though...
  9. throw a few pics up mate
  10. I'll take a photo and put it up.
  11. [​IMG]

This hire bikes "case cover" actually cracked the cover where the bolts attached it. No close up sorry but you can see the hefty cover and very solid attaching bolts. Poor bloke who crashed it I think is up for $4500 excess.