Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by GMAN, Jun 22, 2005.

1. :D hi guys wondering if u guys can help a mate of mine out.he wants to propose to his his girlfriend,any ideas how to perform this task??? :(
    he doesnt want to do the traditional thing by getting on his knees.

2. Oh boy, do you know how to open up a can of worms!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not going to start this, I'll leave it to the usually decorous and sophisticated comment for which this forum is renowned!!!!
  3. Well if has not got the smarts to think of anything then let me have his missus for the night and I will tell her at breakfast :shock:

Cheers 8)
  4. He could...

1. Get a plane to write it in the sky
    2. Give her flowers with the ring in it
    3.Write her a letter
    4. Arrange for it to be written on the big screen before the movie ( I know somebody who did that)

That's all for now sorry.

My husband didn't get on his knee either. We went out for dinner and he said some nice stuff and the handed me the ring and asked me to marry him.

5. Who knows. I got proposed to.

I still had to buy her a ring though :(

6. :LOL: :LOL: trust you Dazza.

The old "it's for a mate" line . Come on GMAN the truth . 8)

On the knee is no good at my age , cant get back up :shock: .
  7. A night with you should be enough to convince her to marry someone...anyone...else :LOL:
  8. Me Pre bike) rock up on a ducati 916 and ride off into the sunset.
    Me - Pro bike) Elope with our bikes, but make sure there's a separate ducati for me.
    :LOL: :LOL:
  9. why get married at all?
  10. He could cut his wallet into quarters and give her three of them.
  11. mehehehehe, supurb! :LOL: +1
  12. iv got my mate to read these comments,he said thanks
  13. Take her away for a romantic (dirty) weekend and stick the ring in her glass of champange...works a treat unless she swallows it.
  14. What I did:

Remark in a conversation to a mutual friend (making sure first that she'll overhear you) at a party:

"I'd get married in a hot minute"

Later in private after she's crawled out from under the bed where she was hiding:

"Darling, I know you've got issues about getting married, but name the time and the place and I'll be there"
  15. I've heard that some of the cruise ships that come in, you can book tickets on them for a trip around the bay so grab some dinner onboard and pop the question while walking the deck.

Before you get onboard you could speak to the PR person or Captain and see if they can help you out a little.
  16. Matt that sounds soo nice. :D

Lisa :D
  17. Hand her the divorse papers and say, "you might need these" :p

18. Mystery Flights - put her off guard immediately once you're there.

Or something like "I hate being a batchelor, can you fix it so I'm not?"